Card Recognition

Sunday, September 21, 2014

coffee pillow box



Okay, I apologize for the coffee take over on this blog… but when you're a messy crafter and you don't  put things away, it's hard to resist temptation of coffee crafting goodies when you have them all laid out in front of you (in a pile, of course).  Today's pillow box was inspired by the Viva La Verve Inspiration and a loose take on the sketch.  I used the Simon Says Stamps October kit with the coffee die cut and a piece of the October Afternoon paper, because Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is all about tags.  And… I love to give myself a challenge of how many different May Arts ribbon can I put into one project without going overboard?  Can you spy?  I have been using a lot of the 2 1/2 inch Cotton Blend on my projects, because of the frayed edge on the ribbon, it's super easy to trim the ribbon to the size you want (I keep cutting it in half) and then fray the cut edge.  I've also used chevron stripped, raffia, burlap stitched center and velvet corduroy ribbon!

5 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Over the top cute Erin!! Love the colors and of course, the coffee theme!

cheiron said...

Another sweet coffee creation! Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week in the Tag It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

Karen M said...

Your tag is adorable and I love the coffee theme....YUM! Hugs xx

jen said...

Never tire of the coffee love! I suppose it would not be fair me to answer the May Arts riddle? Grin.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous! Lovely take on the inspiration. I just love all the different ribbons and texture.